Dear Readers, Most of the students and parents are not aware about many Career Options. They always think about CA, Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers etc. But the Career Options are unlimited. The Journalism is another Career Options. Journalism refers to all activities which are linked to production, distribution and communications of reports on Events. Today the scope of Journalism is very large.
|Image by Alexas_Fotos from Pixabay|
What is Journalism?
The journalism was refered as writing reports on what was happening. But the invention of Radio has changed the definition. Now Journalism is refers as communication of reportage on what is happening. Journalism is kind of communication, but it is distinct, as this is one way communication of reports of events and happening around the world. The scope of journalism is increased from print media to electronic media.
What is the Scope of Journalism?
The scope of journalism is rapidly increasing. From Print Media to Radio, Radio to TV, TV to Blogs and Websites, and Now Vlogs and Internet Video also, the scope of Journalism is rapidly increasing. There are lots of Career Options in field of Journalism. The media house has large network. There are lots of News Papers, National TV Channels, Regional News Channels, Radio Stations, Web House and many more. Anyone who seeks journalism as profession can work with them or can work as freelancer by providing content to these media house, also anyone can set their own News Blog and Youtube Channel or News Website. There are lots of opportunities in field of Journalism.
In print media there are lots of Career Options like Field Reporter/Correspondent, Feature Writer, Columnist, Proof Reader, Cartoonist, Reporter, Critic, Photo Journalist, Editor, Illustrator and many more related jobs.
Besides of the above career options Researcher, Broadcast Reporter, News Presentator/Anchor, Interviewer and many others related jobs
In web media, there are many others Career Options like Investigator, Blogger, Vlogger, Sting Operation Executives, Content Writer, Analyser and many other related Jobs.
Qualities and Eligibility for Journalist
There is no fix qualification for the Journalism Industry. However it is recommend for Journalist to have atleast Bachelor Degree in Journalism & Mass Communication. There should be some personal qualities like diplomatic, curious mind, strong will power, good communication skill, confident, informative etc. He/she should always aware about the facts and events.
Studying Journalism is necessary to improve the skills and ability. These courses can educate a person about technical aspects of journalism. By these courses anyone can improve their communication skill, confidence and being diplomatic. He/she can learn the physical and technical aspects of journalism, like how to operate camera, mic or other equipment. The institute organized training and Apprenticeships by sending their students in Big & Reputed Media house, where apprentice can learn how they work.
Under Graduate Courses
- BJ (Bachelor of Journalism)
- BJMC (Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication)
- BA- JMC (Bachelor of Arts in Journalism & Mass Communication)
- BCJ (Bachelor of Communication & Journalism
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
- BJ (Honors)
- BBA- Mass Communication
Post Graduate Courses
- MJMC (Master of Journalism & Mass Communication)
- MA in Mass Communication
- PG Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication
- PG Diploma in Journalism
- MBA in Journalism
- MBA in Mass Communication
- MBA in Mass Communication & Journalism
Doctorate or PhD Level Courses
- M. Phil in Mass Communication & Journalism
- PhD in Journalism & Mass Communication
- Delhi University (Indraprasth College/Lady Shri Ram College)
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, JNU, Delhi (IIMC)
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Banasthali Vidhyapeeth
- Banaras Hindu University
- University of Kolkata
- PG School of Commerce, Rajasthan University, Jaipur
- Annamalai University, Chennai
- Symbiosis Institute of Journalism & Mass Communication, Pune
- FTII Kolkata
- IIIT Hyderabad
- Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Miliya University, Delhi
- Xavier institute of Communication, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Journalism & Media, Bengaluru
- IGNOU, Delhi
- Devi Ahilya University, Indore
- Kurukshetra University, Haryana
- Madurai Kamraj University
- Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism, Madhya Pradesh
The above list is for informative purpose only. Please check their recognition & approvals from UGC and other relevant authority before admission. There are many other private and government institutes also.
The major source for knowledge Compendium of Courses after 10+2
Image by Alexas_Fotos from Pixabay