There are lots of confusion to students and parents about the career options after 10+2 in Commerce Stream. The question arises for every students "what should I Do after 12th", There are lots of career opportunities after 12th. A right decision is necessary. In this post we will discuss about the career opportunities as Costs & Works Accounts.Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay
|Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay|
What is Cost & Works Accounts?A cost & work accountant is a professional who has expertise in the specialized area of cost management who analyze the cost of a product manufactured by a concern. A Cost accountant is professional who try to eliminate unnecessary cost and make the organization more profitable and more competitive.
What is the scope of Costs & Works Accounts?A Cost accountant may work for accounting and consulting firm or may work directly in manufacturing organization. There are lots of manufacturing and retail companies in India, and cost accountant helps to reduce the cost. So there is wide scope of Job opportunities in India and in foreign organization also.
What Courses are offered and there eligibility?
There are two options in entering the ICWA Course offered by The Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of India previously known as The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants in India, Kolkata. The first level is after +2 in any Stream through Foundation Course and Second entry Level is Intermediate course which are available after Graduation in Commerce (B. Com).
Bachelors in Commerce
Anyone can also works as Junior Cost Accountant after completing B. Com in Accountancy from a reputed institutes. The Qualification for B. Com is 10+2 in any Stream.
Masters in Cost & Work Accounts (M. Com/ MCWA)
Anyone can also works as Cost Accountant after Masters in Costs & Works Accountancy from a Reputed University/Institutes. The Qualification for the course is Bachelor in any stream other than fine arts.
Top Institutes and Universities that offer Various Courses in Cost & Works Accounts
- The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Jamal Mohamed College, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
- Tiruchirappalli Chapter of ICWAI, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
- Visakhapatnam Chapter of ICWAI, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Trivandrum Chapter of ICWAI, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Mysore Chapter of ICWAI, Mysuru, Karnataka
- Madurai Chapter of ICWAI, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Jaipur Chapter of ICWAI, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Shriram College of Commerce, New Delhi
- PG School of Commerce, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur